Dexter's mom was diagnosed with Breast cancer just before Christmas: Stage II grade 3. She had a Mastectomy in early January and is now in the early parts of chemo (as most people know chemo makes you lose your hair.) She started to lose her hair about 2 weeks after her first treatment. She has to get a total of 6 chemo treatment and then has to tackle radiation after. She has been feeling pretty good so far (at least that is what she leads us to believe,) she doesn't really want people to fuss over her. I have been amazed by her strength and courage, she is such a strong woman and handles it all so well. She has actually made this look easy, if that is possible. She is still working full time and even has us over to eat. I expected something much different. We all know the more chemo she gets the worse she may feel, but I am praying that she stays feeling this good. Nancy's hair started to fall out, so she chose to shave her head. We all went over to be a part of it. Again, she amazed me, she didn't cry and was cracking jokes, we all had a good time together.
 |
| Nana cut a piece off for each of the girls. |
 |
| Hadley with her hair. |
 |
| Ready, set, go! |
 |
| Lance shaving her head. |
 |
| I think she looks adorable with a bald head. |
 |
| Dexter is the professional hair cutter in the family so he did some touch-ups. |
 |
| The girls were so good. |
 |
| And her cute wig. |
 |
| Lance was next. I think it is really nice that he is being so supportive. |
 |
| I personally think he looks handsome and younger. |
 |
| This is the best picture that I have ever gotten of these two. Lance is the worst picture taker. |
 |
| She even looks cute with a hat on. |
 |
| Dexter's brother Joe was next. |
 |
| I think he looks cuter too. I guess I like short hair. |
 |
| The family with shaved heads...as I told you Lance is the worst picture taker. |
 |
| Dexter's mom and her boys. |
1 comment:
Wow that is wonderful that they all shaved their heads! What a supportive family! I am keeping her in my prayers too!
Post a Comment