Braxton woke up around 6:30, so all the kids got up to watch him open his gifts. It was really nice, Sam was off track and since it was a Friday Dexter was home too. It was fun for everyone to spend the day with Braxton.
Tearing into his gifts. He tore the paper himself.
Sam is such a sweetie, she bought Braxton this outfit with her money.
The 3 little ones enjoying the ball pit. The girls LOVE this toys. They make beds in here too. Braxton likes to crawl out of it, he thinks that is the best part.
Braxton's 1st "real" breakfast. I made him scrambled eggs and hash browns. He ate every last morsel. Before his first Birthday I had only given him Gerber finger foods, but now that he has had the real stuff he is in love. He doesn't want baby food anymore.
I like theme parties; I think they are a lot of fun. I love decorating for them and every thing that comes with them. Braxton's first Birthday was "sports" themed. I had all our guests wear sports attire. We had pizza and cake and really had a blast. Since I am no longer working it was easier to prepare for the big day.
Braxton's football cake. My mom decorated this one.
Sam is the "Cake Boss". She decorated all the cupcakes, and is a perfectionist. She wanted them to be perfect (which they were), she did a wonderful job.
And the helmet cake...this was my project. We are Utes fans as you all know, so I made a Utes helmet for my son (and Dexter...ha ha). As you know things take longer with children, so it took my Mom, Sam and I about 5 hours to complete the frosting of all the cakes and cupcakes. It was well worth it though. We had a BLAST doing it together.
Thanks for your help Mom and Sam.
Braxton's first slice of pizza. He loved it. I couldn't believe how much he ate of it.
Here is a picture of all the wonderful gifts he was given on his Birthday, our families spoiled him. He also got a Yankees hat and T-shirt that you can't see. That is something that should have been in the picture because he will be wearing it a lot.
My little guy getting ready to dig in.
"Not so sure if I like it."
"I think it is pretty good."
"I love it!"
We let him sit and eat for about 30 minutes and then he started flinging it at the walls, that pretty much told me he was done.
A picture of all the great family that shared his first Birthday with us. Thank you for coming, and for all the nice gifts you brought him.
Mom and Dad and their B-day boy. Thank you for the last year, you have brought so much joy to our family. We love you so much!
Reading in the car, usually a no no, but we will let it go this time. Braxton loves books, so do his sisters. Dexter and I are not big readers, so I am happy they enjoy it so much.
Had to include this picture of the cute twiners. Danielle is getting close to having that little angel.
Braxton is a sweet little cuddler. He is crawling everywhere, and is not scared of anything. He can get hit on the head and doesn't cry (a big change from girls). He is a touch guy. Dexter is already working on basketball with him. He has a little hoop in him room and Dexter lifts him to the rim and Braxton dunks the ball. Braxton also likes to chase balls (kinda like a dog, never seen this before). He throws the ball and then crawls after it until he gets it again. He giggles and thinks it is so funny. I am still nursing him a few times a day and he is eating anything he can get his hands on. He usually takes two naps a day and sleeps through the night most of the time. He always goes to bed crying, he doesn't want to miss anything, so we have to put him in the crib and let him cry. It makes me sad. He can say "mama, dada, dog, again, huh" He is starting to pull himself up on things now. Happy Birthday Braxton!



1 comment:
Happy Birthday little guy! He is so handsome! I hope our boys will grow up playing sports together!
And your cakes were sooooo CUTE! You are so talented!
Post a Comment