Friday, August 5, 2011

Brooklyn and the Bus!

Yesterday was Brooklyn's first ride on the bus. I have to say it was painful for me, I really have no idea why, but the tears just started flowing out of me. The previous day she started Kindergarten and I was totally fine. I was proud to have a strong, indepentent daughter. I walked Brooklyn to the bus about 15 minutes early, just to be sure we were not late. Once we got there she told me she didn't want to take the bus anymore, and I told her she should, so she agreed. Right after that she said "mom kiss me" (kisses make everything better..right?) We waited until the bus arrived and she quickly hoped in line and the rest is history. I followed the bus just to make sure she knew where to go and that the experience wasn't traumatic or anything. That is where I lost it, tears and more tears. Once I arrived at school I saw her exit the bus and enter the K playground, I waited around  (worried, she may not know any of the kids,) but she got right to playing and found some friends. I didn't tell her I went to the school. I didn't want her to think I would do that everyday and look for me or something. I was happy it was easy for her. Way to go Brooklyn, one day I hope I find making friends as easy as you do.

No comments: