Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas Day 2011

Christmas was wonderful this year. We actually had to wake the kids at 6:30am to get started. They were of course thrilled to see what Santa brought them. We only had 3 stops to our families this year, so that made it easier and we stayed on schedule. Sam told us her favorite part of Christmas was not being rushed out the door this year. The kids got to play with some toys that morning before leaving. That made them happy! It was a good fun day!



This is what Santa brought Braxton.

Samantha

Brooklyn

Hadley

Brooklyn loved her castle, she LOVES polly pockets, especially the princesses.

Hadley was also thrilled to get  a castle, she was especially happy to see Jasmin.

Braxton was a little crabby, he wasn't ready to get up.  Come to find out the next day he actually had an ear infection.

Sam was so happy!

Some of her favorite stuff from her stocking.

This year we worked hard to teach about giving as well as receiving. We had each child do extra chores around the house so they could buy their siblings gifts. It was actually a really nice feeling Christmas morning. The kids all wanted to give their gifts before opening any. Brooklyn, Hadley and Brax all bought Sam a deluxe make-up kit.

Finally a smile.

Brooklyn made this for her dad at school. Dexter took it to work and has it on his desk.

She made this for me. I love it! It is laminated and will last forever with her cute little hand prints.

Sam actually earned enough money to buy Dex and I a gifts too. She got him a movie, she knew he liked.

And me...she made this precious book. It had pictures with notes, and it actually made me cry. It was beautiful!! I loved it!

Braxton was excited when he opened this gift. He loved it! He hasn't played with it much since then. He is obsessed with Squinkies, and keeps taking the girls.

Brooklyn got Flynn for Hadley.

These girls need to travel in style, so I got them these cute suit cases. I got them almost all matching gifts...otherwise the claws come out.

The girls got Braxton this army guy. I think this is Braxton's favorite toy, he is always playing with it. Dexter wanted him to get this.Dexter was tired of him playing with naked Barbies.

I was so excited to give this gift to Dexter. Now that he is a big golfer, he can support the Utes even on the golf course.

Brooklyn's favorite gift of all. She plays with it daily.

The girls stuff.

Brooklyn getting a little play time in.

Braxton's stuff.

Our first stop was G&G Hoopes. We love to visit them, it is always stress free, no pressure, just stop by when you can. They sent us home with a bunch of yummy treats. Thank you!

Our second stop was Papa and Grandma's

Brooklyn was so excited to get this. She has wanted one for a long time. I don't sew, my mom and Dexter have been helping her.

Cute little photo!

Pile on.

Lance dressed up for vacation. We will be going to Yellowstone this summer.

Dexter's mom and brother.

Now for the aftermath...Braxton woke up the day after Christmas with his eye swollen shut. I thought he had an ear infection for a week or so, but Dexter told me I was being paranoid, so I didn't take him in. All I can say is mother knows BEST!! He had an ear infection and pink eye. It was awful, my poor boy. I felt bad for not taking him in earlier.

To make matters worse Brooklyn was up all Christmas night puking. It was every half hour all night, we were both exhausted. Then that morning Hadley came in and she started puking. Let's just say Christmas break was not fun, but more resting and getting better. After this pasted Braxton and Hadley caught another stomach flu and have just recovered from that. I am happy we are all well. Being sick is the worst.

No comments: