Friday, January 13, 2012

My Baby gets Staples!

My poor little man gets his first set of staples. On Monday he fell down the stairs. I heard a horrible scream, and ran to see what happened. I immediately picked him up and initially saw no blood, but then Brooklyn (standing behind) said "mom he is bleeding," and he was. It was running down the front and back of his head. My hands were quickly covered in it. This was my first injury where blood was involved (the three girls have not had stitches or staples before.) I quickly loaded the girls and off we went to the doctor. I was actually really surprised how instinctive it was. I always though I couldn't handle that sort of thing. I am easily terrified by things like this and make Dexter deal with them.


The cut once the bleeding stopped.

Numbing his cut for the staples.

When I was taking these pics he was saying "cheese."

My sweet little guy.


He was such a trooper.

Aunt Jessica, and also a MA at the clinic we attend.

He fell asleep in her arms, and we had to wake him to a scary room where he was getting staples in his head.

And the three staples.  He is my fearless little guy. Climbing and getting in to everything. I am just happy that he was not more seriously injured. Dexter tells me this will not be the last time this happens.

No comments: