Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Braxton's 2nd Birthday!

Braxton LOVES Alvin and the Chipmunks, so that was the theme of his party this year. Here are pictures of the decor.

Birthdays are a BIG deal around here. I spend weeks planning, seeing the joy it brings them makes it all worthwhile.
  
I can't believe my little man is already two.



Alvin is his favorite, and actually fits Braxton's personality too. He refers to Alvin as "Al."


I spray painted a few yellow A's and tied balloons to them.

Our party bags: microphone, blow-up guitar, Simon glasses, guitar bubbles, and some chipmunk stickers.

Dexter and Sam were the wonderful helpers with the streamers. I couldn't be more grateful.

Braxton likes Spider-man too, but not like Alvin.

The girls were of course up way before my little man. Once we heard him, Brooklyn ran up to his room to get him.

Our Birthday Boy...Yep my two year old still sleeps in a crib, and will as long as he doesn't climb out.

He loved the Spider-man balloon played and played with it. It was well worth the trip back to Walmart the night before to replace the deflated one I had bought earlier.

The girl each bought him a gift. Brooklyn a long yucky snake (he loved it) and Hadley a watering can for the garden.

Sam got him a bubble sword and a cute baseball outfit.

I think one of his favorite gifts was the set of cars he got.

Recently he has started lining them up. Caden, my nephew does the same thing, so I think it is funny.

If your a boy and live in this house you have to have a Jazz jersey. He sits and watches the Jazz with daddy every game and even says "Jazz." Millsap is his player.

Yep, I got him drums. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but it was a favorite for all the kids. Noises don't really bother me, but whining does.

Braxton loves singing cards, so we got him a singing Chipmunks card, he LOVED it. It may be his favorite gift.

He also liked his Cars tent. He kept saying "Boo."

Braxton loved his Birthday calls. Thanks to everyone for thinking of him. At times I actually had to rip it from his hands.

Drums...see a big hit.

I call this a mans kitchen.

After his B-day gifts we had Breakfast. Braxton loves poached eggs, so that is what he got. And two football candles (he loves football.)

After breakfast we tried out his new roller coaster, and he loved it.
 
Fearless I tell you. No tears either.

My mom sent this cute knight dress-up for him. She thought that he could play dress-up with the girls. Brooklyn is modeling it. 


That afternoon we had our families over to help us celebrate. All the kids got Alvin shirts.

Braxton has been carrying that Alvin plate around for weeks waiting for his big day.
  
Playing on the roller coaster. As you can see Braxton got the new Chipmunks movie, he was carrying every where he went.

After opening gifts the kids gave us a rock star concert. I turned on the Chipettes "All the sing ladies." They played for hours. It was a fun party all the kids had fun.

 

I love the Simon glasses. They all look so cute.





Braxton's cake.

He loved his cake.

He looks so cute in glasses.

He is a great candle blower outer.

G&G Hoopes. I'm happy that Braxton choose to pick his noise for this picture.

Pinata time.

Go Simon GO.

He thought it was a lot of fun.

Granny and Poppy.

Grandma and Papa.
Thanks to everyone for coming, and for all the great gifts. He got lots of cars, Lego's, clothes, books, puzzles, Chipmunks movie, microphone and guitar, so many fun things. Thank you all for being a part of Braxton's 2nd Birthday.  Danielle and Jess sorry I didn't get a picture of you with Braxton, if it makes you feel any better I didn't get one of Dexter and I with him either.

Braxton is 2 years old...he is the BEST surprise I have ever gotten. He is so much fun to have in our family and is so loving. He gives us hugs and kisses all the time. He loves to play Barbies with the girls and babies, he just wants to be  part of the fun. When playing with Barbies he has them talk and they say "hi guys." He is tough and loves to tackle other kids. He thinks it is funny, but I'm not sure the other kids always enjoy it. He loves balls and talks about Football constantly. He loves his Cars, especially McQueen. He likes to wear his McQueen PJs, and shirts all the time. He also likes his Spider-man shirt. I like those shirts too, but sometimes they have to sit in the dirty clothes basket, so he can wear his cute collar shirts. Braxton knows what he likes and what he doesn't. He loves eggs and milk, not a fan of watermelon, but loves most other foods. He likes to climb in the pantry and find treats. He loves to get the fruit snacks out. He has my sweet tooth that is for sure. He loves daddy and talks about him all day. In fact today, he said "daddy" I told him he was at work, he said "no, home." He loves to paint and color. He likes to be read, he says "more" when I finish a book. Braxton has funny facial expression and can give a pretty good crusty. He can say everyone's name, in our family including Lexie, but won't say Sam, he refers to her as sis. He can say Papa, Pop, Can't say grandma yet, but does call Barb, by her name. He loves his grandparents and is always excited to visit them. Braxton we love you!

No comments: