Sunday, May 6, 2012

Brooklyn, Hadley and Braxton are Dedicated to God!

Today Brooklyn, Hadley and Braxton were dedicated to God. Having the children dedicated means, that I publicly dedicate my children to Jesus Christ. I will raise my children to know our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and his ways.

Everyone did a great job getting ready, and they looked so cute.


I have such a supportive family. Papa, Grandma, Jessica, Cassie, Jakob, Jaden, Danielle, Caden, Ava, and Poppy all made it to the service. To me this was a very special day...thank you for your support. It means the world to me.

I'm not exactly sure where Dexter stands spiritually, but he does support his children in everything they do. Thank you for coming!


The kids and I went up, and Pastor Rod dedicated the children to God. The kids went willing and there was no crying. I was a little nervous that will all the family there, they would not want to come with me. Brooklyn was so excited to be dedicated, her and I have been talking about it for a couple weeks now. I love to see her interest in Jesus. The other day she told me "God wants us to obey."


Our Pastor told us the meaning of each of their names. Funny, all three of their names are a kind of  "land," I had no idea.


Brooklyn "broken land"
Hadley "heather field"
Braxton "Bracc's settlement"

I love our Pastor, he is such a kind man. He is so knowledgeable, and wise. He is a man of God. I thank God for using him to speak to me and help me understand that Bible and our Savior.

The wonderful women of the church made the girls stain glass angels.

Brooklyn and her angel, they have their names on them too. Braxton got a cross, but he was asleep when we got home.

Afterwards we had a small luncheon at our place. Somehow I only got a pic of Poppy, but the whole crew was there.

I love my Poppy!


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

Proverbs 3:5-6

This is the verse I had on their dedication certificates. I think it says it perfectly!

No comments: