Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Brooklyn's 5th Birthday!

We had a little friend party for Brooklyn this year. We had a beach party! I had lots of fun preparing for it. I made flip flop sandwiches for the little kids to eat. I wasted a lot of bread, but Brooklyn loved them and that is all that matters.


Polly, Brooklyn and Rylee. The kids all played in the pool and slip-n-slide. I think they had  fun together.

Lots of tramp jumping.

For the cake I made beach ball and beach decor cupcakes. Sam was a huge help, she loves decorating cakes.

Silly girls.
This picture is out of place, but it is when the pinata broke open.
Brooklyn hitting the beach ball pinata.


My big 5 year old. She is growing up so quickly,

I thought this was such a cute picture of the girls.


Water fight! Dexter even joined in.

Brooklyn had a blast with her friends! She was looking forward to the party for days.


The next day was Brooklyn's Birthday, she got up so excited to open her presents. All she wanted was a Rapunzel tower...and she got it. I also got her Flynn Rider and Maximus to go with it.


After breakfast we got ready for the water park and off we went.

My little fish.

She loves to swim. She loves the deep water, it scares me to death.

My 5 year old.

After the water park, we came home to celebrate with our family. I thought that everything was set up from the day before, but it RAINED. I had to rush and decorate the inside of the house. It all worked out fine, just a pain.

We started out with  frozen strawberry drinks. Brooklyn loved them.

I made her a flip flop cake.


Brooklyn got spoiled with gifts. Thanks to all our wonderful family for coming to Brooklyn's special day.

Along with a flip flop cake came more cupcakes. Sam and I were up all night baking. We have fun together, but both of us were DONE by the end of the night.

Happy Birthday Brookie!

G & G Hoopes

The girls and baby Ava. I am a horrible aunt. I haven't posted anything about Ava yet. Ava was born May 31st. She is SO cute! I just want to kiss her all the time. Ava, my girl you have stolen your aunts heart. I love you!

Papa and Grandma.

Aunt Jessica

Brain, Danielle and Ava. Caden, my nephew is the worst picture taker. I swear I try to include him, but he is not interested.

Poppy and Granny

Daddy, Braxton and Sam. Hadley was done at this point, no picture for her.
Brooklyn had a great B-day. Something funny she did as the party was ending, she decided to try on all the clothes she got. She was so funny, she would prance around the room until everyone noticed the new outfit. I took over 200 pics of the big day, so this is a taste of the party.

A little about Brooklyn at this age:
  • She wants things to be perfect, if something is out of place she gets very upset.
  • She can't stand it if her clothes get a little, tiny splash of water on them. She will change them right away.
  • She loves jewelry, and anything with bling.
  • She fights me everyday to brush her teeth and get dressed.
  • She loves to play with her friend Rylee. She asks almost everyday if she can play with her.
  • She likes to play with make-up. She prefers my make-up. She thinks she is too old to play with "kids make-up."
  • Brooklyn's favorite food is a hamburger with melted cheese and tomato.
  • She loves her sisters and brother very much. She likes to carry Braxton all over the house and he really enjoys it most of the time.
  • Her favorite movie is Lemonade Mouth. She watches it every chance she gets.
  • Brooklyn loves to be in the spotlight, she loves to dance and sing for our family. Samantha calls her a DIVA! The other day Sam told me if anyone in our family will be a cheeleader it will be Brooklyn. She likes to be the boss! For me as a mother it can be difficult, but one day I hope her strong personality helps her to get what she wants in life. I admire that about Brooklyn, I am the opposite and wish that came naturally to me as it does for Brooklyn.
  • Brooklyn likes to shop with me for anything...except the Hobby Lobby. I think that is weird, she prefer any store over that one, she says it is so boring. Costco is her favorite...probably because she gets a smoothie.
  • Brooklyn's favorite TV shows are "Good Luck Charlie" and "Phineas and Ferb"
  • She loves hip hop music, but will jam with me to Michael Jackson and Def Leporard. She can actually tell me the songs they sing. It makes me proud...haha.
  • Brooklyn loves learning and loves to play school with me. If you don't know, I always wanted to be a teacher, all my dolls were my students. I was WAY into it. So this does us both good.
  • Brooklyn loves to play dolls with Hadley, she is the mother and Hadley is the Grandma. They always have their babies tucked into their beds. Very cute!
  • Brooklyn loves to greet her dad at the door when he gets home. I hear her give him a summary of the day. I did this...I had one tantrum...and on and on. Dexter is so good, he sits there and lets her tell him all she has to say. They have a special bond.
Brooklyn is wonderful and our family would not be the same without her. She adds a lot of chatacter to this house. We love you girly!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

That was a super fun and way cute party! Rylee had a blast!

Sadie Lady said...

You are an amazing party planner! Oh how cute!