Monday, September 5, 2011

Camping

My Dad and Barb finally talked Dexter into camping this year. Dexter is not a big fan of camping unless it is for the deer hunt. Believe it or not, but this is the first camping trip for Brooklyn, Hadley and Braxton. It was a fun trip with my parents, sisters and their families.
 
I loved being with my family but I'm not sure the Hoopes' are really the camping type. Maybe it is because the kids are still little, but getting the kids to nap was a challenge, but finally it did happen.



Braxton loved rolling around in the dirt and climbing everything in sight.

My sis and I got our kids these cute glow-in-the-dark PJ's, even 3 month old Ava got a pair. They looked adorable wandering around camp in them.

Sam brought her friend Malia along camping. They slept in Dexter's hunting tent. Sam loved having someone her age there to hang out with. The girls also love Malia, she is so sweet with them.

Dexter had no luck fishing, but he had fun anyway.

My Dad and Barb. They rented the camping spot and organized the trip. Thanks for getting us together, it was fun!

Sam and Malia playing in the water.

Brian teaching Caden to fish. Once we got to the water Caden started striping. He thought you got naked to go fishing. He is so cute!

My Dad teaching Brooklyn to fish, she was SO excited. She had lots of fun.

Lexie Lou playing in the water, she gave me a scare. She went to the middle of the river and started drifting down stream, Dexter had to jump in and grab her. Dexter said she was fine, but it scared me to death.  I was worried about the kids too, so I thought the water was a little stressful after that happened.

Braxton "cooking" in the dirt. This boy was so dirty. I gave up trying to keep him clean after awhile.

My sweet little Hadley, she loved "cooking" the dirt too.

Braxton says "Cheese" when I tell him to smile now. What a handsome little man I have.

My sis and Ava. What a trooper Ava was with the heat during the day and the cold at night, she was so good.


The kids playing in the water.
Caden always playing with cars.
Packing up to go home. We got up had a nice breakfast and then packed up. I think we were all ready to go home.

All in all, this was a fun weekend, but the kids are still too little for camping. Packing all the food and clothes for camping, plus the equipment is just too much for me. Then when you get home you have 10 loads of laundry and you get to unpack all the crap you took along for a two day trip. I think this is something we might do every few years, but not an annual thing for us. Maybe when the kids are older I will feel different. We will see! As I see it, I have paid my time. When I was a child I lived in the Mountains and used an outhouse, had a wood burning stove and lived a very different life than I do now. I guess doing that everyday for as long as I did just makes you a city girl. I LOVE flushing toilets and I need a Wal-mart!

No comments: