As you all know Dexter's mom, Nancy, is battling Breast cancer. She had a team called "Nancy's Knockout," which included a team of 70 people. It actually makes me really sad that is took someone that I personally know to get Breast Cancer to be involved in an event like this. Cancer is a real problem, not just Breast Cancer but all types. I feel like I should try to donate money to more organizations that help with reaserch. Do my kids really need another toy, or do I really need another home decoration? Probably not, so my goal is to try and put money aside to help fight this problem. I think if the world globally felt this way, we could have a cure much quicker. The problem is that it takes someone close to you, to be diagnosed for you to fight harder.
 |
| Dexter and his mom. |
 |
| Yep, Dexter in pink. Only time you will see it. In fact, the minute he could he lost the shirt. Brooklyn just inherited a new night shirt. |
 |
| Waiting for the race to start. |
 |
| As you would expect, we saw alot of bras. I thought this one was especially cute. |
 |
| A view of the race. It was so crowded. We walked the 5k. We finished in 1:21 minutes. Our family got up at 5:30 am to get to the race in time. The kids were a little cranky by the end. |
 |
| Nancy and Mary Nickles have become friends. They have been on the same chemo schedule. |
 |
| My sisters mother-in-law has been cancer free for almost 5 years now. I think it is inspiring to see the survivors up there. Way to go Laurie! |
 |
| Standing in the survivors parade. |
 |
| Mary Nickles spoke and took off her wig. |
 |
| My cute girls. |
 |
| Brooklyn wanted to see Nana. |
 |
| My angel. |
 |
| My sweetie! |
 |
| Dexter and his mom. |
 |
| Her boys. |
 |
| Smile. |
 |
| Nancy and I. |
I had a mix of emotions at this race. It was inspiring, but it was also, sad. I saw so many "in memory of signs." I also saw so many mother's in the survivors march that were'nt much older than me. I just pray for these families. I would think fighting this battle with young children would be even more difficult.
1 comment:
Thank you so much for supporting me in this race and getting the kids up so early. I know this day wasn't easy for you and I appreciate all you do for me while going through this! Love you lots! Mom
Post a Comment