Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brooklyn's First Day of First Grade!

My little girl is BIG. She is going to school all day! I was so sad to have her go the first day. I love having the kids home with me, but I know that it is best for them to socialize and make friends and even learn a thing or two...haha! Brooklyn has no problems leaving me at all, she is the total opposite of Sam. Sam was always sad to leave and a little scared, but not Brooklyn. She hoped on the bus and that was it. 

Brooklyn loves her new school clothes and was so excited to wear this dress. I love getting her dolled up as well.


Yep...a Hannah Montana backpack. Brooklyn still loves Hannah, best thing about this backpack...$7. Brooklyn has expensive taste and I rarely get her to shop of the clearance rack, but this time she picked it, I was floored.

Hadley loves Brooklyn and I thought she would miss her a lot, but as it seems she loves the time alone. No one to fight over Barbies with. She likes to be my helper too. I think this is especially good for Hadley to have some mommy time. Hadley is always excited to walk Brooklyn to the bus.

I love the fact that I am home with my little ones now. I cannot express in words how grateful I am for this. I feel this is the place I belong. Hadley and I made Brooklyn a  treat for when she arrived home from school. We made pudding in cute little cups and topped them with whip cream. Brooklyn loved it. It makes my day to do the little things that make them smile.
Brooklyn is adjusting well. She likes school lunch and has a few friends in her class from last year. She really misses her friend Reese from last year, but she plays with her at recess. A funny little thing Brooklyn told me yesterday "Mom did you know all the girls in this city want to sit with me at lunch"
I just laughed when she told me this. I told her that is great, but to look for kids who need friends to eat with too. Brooklyn is timid at times, but I don't think she lacks confidence. She gets that from her father. It will actually take her far in life...I think. I am SO happy everything is going well. I was worried the first day about lunch, and her getting on the right bus after school, but as it turns out I need to give Brooklyn more credit. She can do anything! Once again I am a proud mama.

No comments: