Friday, September 7, 2012

Baby #5's Ultrasound

In general ultrasounds are happy for most parents...in the past I've found out the gender and then went shopping for the bedding or some clothing. This time the day was really scary for me. My doctor told me that I have an anterior placenta, generally not a problem, but for me having 4 previous c-sections, he was concerned about placenta accerta. This is when the placenta attaches into the c-section scar, making delivery complicated and risky. The scariest risk is hemorrhage, if not diagnosed it is a mothers worst nightmare, my doctors words not mine. In 4 weeks I will have another US to see for sure if the uterus is embedded in the scar or not. If so, I will be sent to a high risk doctor and will likely have a hysterectomy and part of my bladder removed at delivery. My biggest scare is the hemorrhage risk, and the risk of losing the baby. The other thing that would happen is the baby would be delivered around 34 or 35 weeks likely leaving the baby in  NICU for a few weeks. All of this is terrifying to me, I have spent the last few days avoiding my family and crying. I just started to absorb this possibility, and is very scary and sad. My doctor told me not to worry yet, but I worry about everything. This next month is going to be hard, and in a way I don't want to know what the US says. I don't want to deal with this, I want it to disappear, which I know it will not. I know that God has a plan, and all I can do is pray! I have been praying and finally today the Lord has given me peace that this is in his hands. There is nothing I can do. I just pray that baby and I will be OK. If you could keep us in your prayers that would be wonderful.

2 comments:

Mindurs said...

Keep the faith and the positive attitude. This is the best way to approach such a scary ordeal. I love you girl and will keep you and that sweet baby in my prayers.

Sadie Lady said...

Oh, My! Melissa. I am so sorry. I hope and will keep my thoughts on things working out for the best for you. Keep up good thoughts.