Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Braxton gets Tubes in his Ears.

Cole and Taryn brought this pillow pet and activity book down a couple days before Braxton's surgery. Braxton loves it! It is nice to have such supportive friends who care. Thank you Taryn and Cole, that was so nice of you.

Braxton waiting for the surgery.

The hospital was excellent and I must say everything went like clock work. We didn't have to wait long at all, we were continually moved down the surgery line.

I was really nervous. I've never had a kid put to sleep before, so this was all new to me. I did not choose to give Braxton the medicine to make him sleepy before the gas. Instead I walked him to the operating room (as far as possible) and then the doctor took him and his was given gas. The doctor did say he was a fighter and didn't want it.
  
Braxton just waking up...he was crabby. He kept saying "go home."




Watching him try to eat the Popsicle was funny, he looked like a drunk.



Everything went great. He did get sick from the gas, so he was vomiting shorty after he woke up, but that was the extent of it.

No comments: