 |
| I was spoiled with cards from my girls this year. Each were so proud of their work, and so was I. |
 |
| Brooklyn is very thoughtful when it comes to gifts, she made me several cards this year. I loved them all. |
 |
| I was most shocked with my gift this year. Dexter and the kids bought me a tablet. I LOVE it. I am the last one in the family to receive new technology. I am not fussy, and don't need these things. However, I use it a lot. The kids are constantly playing games on it too. I am enjoying. |
 |
| Dad and Barb. |
 |
| Sam and I. |
 |
| Gran and Pop. |
 |
| Barb and the girls. |
 |
| Barb, her girls and grandchildren. |
 |
| Morris family with the guys. |
 |
| Poppy and Granny and the gang. |
 |
| Me and my wonderful children. |
 |
| My sis and her babes. |
 |
| My sis pulling the kids in the wagon. |
 |
| Dex and his mom. |
 |
| Smile. |
 |
| Nana and Had. |
 |
| Nana and Brooklyn. |
I am so grateful to be a mother. I have always dreamed of it as a child, and I am so happy that my dream has come true. I love having little kids and think that I might have a nervous break-down as they go off to college. I am not anxious for them to grow-up and leave me. I want to enjoy every moment I have with them. I want to teach them to LOVE and appreciate family. I know that my family may be over the top, we are always in each others business, together a lot, never miss a beat in each others lives...but I love that. I hope that for my children as well.
This year we went over to my Poppy and Granny's house to celebrate, and it was nice and relaxing. I love going to their house. I'm sure that is because it was my second home away from home as a child. I must say there are not many grandparents our there like them. They are so involved and care about us so much. They are much more than grandparents to me. I love them to pieces. Anyway, thank you for hosting a wonderful lunch. Dad and Barb came over for lunch too. I love the fact that my family gets along so well. I have known Barb nearly my whole life, and when I was younger, we had some issues, but I love her so much. She would do anything for me or my family, and I know she loves me too. She loves my kids and treats them so well, she even misses work to come to their programs when possible. I am grateful that I have so many wonderful people in my life. I am blessed!
That night we went over to Dexter's moms house for dinner. It was fun to see them and chat a bit. Dexter is the total opposite of me. I am totally mushy and it is hard to know if Dexter even likes you at times...haha. We are both totally aware of this and know this is why we work so well together. I must say having girls have softened him a bit too. If there is one person I know Dexter loves, it would be his mom. She holds a special place in his heart, and his fondest memories of her as a child is going to his baseball games.
Having my mom live in another state is hard on holidays. I know it is harder for my mom than me...I have 4 kids keeping me going, and she just has a big pool to enjoy each day. I love you mom and think of you everyday, and miss you so much. One year I hope I can come see you on mother's day. You are such a great mom. You have taught me what is important in life and what is not. You have taught me that school is important and that is should never be missed...EVER. I am teaching my kids the same. I hope that I teach my kids all the great values you have taught me. I appreciate you always allowing me to have an opinion and teaching me that it was ok to speak it. Teaching me drugs were not ok, and for taking me to church as a child. I look back, and you dedicated your life to raising Danielle and I. You never put us last, even when you got remarried you let us design your wedding invitations, and I was your bridesmaid. We were never the back burner...ever. I appreciate it more now than ever. So when you feel down or think you failed us in someway, remember that is not true at all. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment