Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hadley is Potty Trained!

Her very first pee in the potty.



Hadley and her friend Megan. We had just gotten home from the store and her friend Megan came over. I was even more proud, Hadley had no problem sharing her new toy with her friend. They played and had a great time together.


It happened...Hadley is potty trained...at least I hope. We are on our fourth day of potty training and she has had only one accident to date. I am so proud of her! I was getting a little worried (Dexter more than me) since she will be three next month, but I just backed off and she did it. For 5 months I've been telling her that I would buy her a Rapunzel tower if she peed on the potty. One morning she woke up and told me she was going to get her tower today. I thought, I've heard that before. This time I didn't go in there and let her have alone time and she did it. I jumped up and down, took pictures, made a BIG deal of it and she has just taken to it. We have a potty sticker chart and she loves to put the sticker on there and earn rewards, so that is keeping her motivated to go. Her routine is quit funny...she likes to lock the door, do her business and then I unlock the door with the key.  I see her pee and then for the first two days she wanted a picture of her with the pee. Poop scared me, because she likes to go in the corner of Brooklyn's room. I knew she was going up there to do it, so I followed her with the potty and placed it in Brooklyn's room, sat her on the potty and told her to go in there and she did. Poor Brooklyn, she was not happy to have the poop in her room. She said "now my room stinks", but I explained we were helping Hadley and then she said "Hadley, I am so proud of you". Yesterday Hadley was heading upstairs again, so I put the potty in the bathroom upstairs and told Hadley that it was in there and she should poop there, and she did. I think the fact that she is older is why it is going easier. With Brooklyn we started much earlier, but it was accident after accident and I think I prefer it this way. Hadley we are so proud of you!

1 comment:

Sadie Lady said...

I wish this went so well with Trix. We are having so much troubles. I have backed off talking about it again for a week and we will see if we can get this done before the holidays. I am so done with diapers. Way to go Hadley!