Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Fantastic Four!

Since I now use my blog to capture memories I am wanted to share what FANTASTIC children I have:

Sam is 12 almost 13 years old, and yes she would kill me, but she has her first boyfriend, he will remain nameless. She is still a wonderful girl even heading into the teenage years. Since I have started staying home her and my relationship is closer than ever. I know I may be crazy to think this, but I think she tells me pretty much everything. She wants my advice and she isn't scared to tell me when I bought an ugly shirt, so we are very honest with each other. Sam loves middle school and does great. She wants to get start A's all the time, she is one putting the pressure on, not me. I know she does her best and that is all I ask. On her mid-term she had an A- in PE, which is her toughest class. She is not the running type, so she felt horrible and has been working hard to increase her time on the mile. Sam loves to watch Sister Wives and Pretty Little Liars with me, both are on after the little kids are in bed, so we get to enjoy the show. Sam hang out with her BFF Malia everyday and when she is done with school work, she likes to play the game Sims on the computer. She loves to build houses and decorate them, at this time that is what she would like to do as a job.

Brooklyn is 5 years old, and always wants to be playing with someone. She started Kindergarten this year and is doing great. She loves to do her homework and she can now read simple phrases. She loves riding the school bus, and is still very picky about her clothes. A couple months ago I emptied her drawers and put all her clothes in my drawers and told her that I would pick two outfits the night before, and then she could pick. I also told her that her clothes are in cold storage so she doesn't think she can get to them. So all my clothes are now on shelves in my closet. If you knew the hour tantrums I went through each day you would understand why I did this. Anyway, it helped SO much. Brooklyn is a girl who knows what she wants...unless she is standing if front of a dresser full of clothes. After dinner she has now started taking showers instead of baths and she does it solo. She loves her bedtime story and always begs for another. Her favorite story is the Berenstein Bears Vacation. Brooklyn does not like wearing glasses and uses every excuse possible to take them off. I hope one day she doesn't have to wear them anymore.

Hadley is 2 but just a month away from being 3. Hadley is an angel in every way, she reminds me so much of Sam at her age. Hadley tells me she loves me all day long, and loves to cuddle. I do feel that she got the short end of the stick once Braxton was born, and she missed out on lots of cuddles, but I do the best I can. Hadley adores Princesses, Barbies and Babies. Rapunzel is her favorite princess and she prefers naked Barbies, she always wants me to take their clothes off.  I've given up, if she wants them naked, then naked they will be. Each morning as I get ready Hadley put gobs of lipstick on, I often wonder why I dress her before I am ready, becasue I end up changing her.  She loves her bath, she would take 10 baths a day if I would let her. She is a great listener and helper, when I tell her to clean up she always helps.
One funny thing...every morning that Hadley asks for cereal, I think "she is going to spill it" and every morning she does. I do get a little upset, and she says "it was an accident," so I try to keep her away from cereal, it is just a big mess. Hadley loves her bedtime story too, and must have her lamp on when I leave the room. When I come up to go to bed she is tucked into my bed, she doesn't make a noise just wanders in there. It really is cute. We are still working on potty training, but Hadley is still not up for it. I hope she changes her mind soon.

Braxton is 17 months. He loves to empty my pots and pans while I cook...I would have never let the girls so this, but now I say whatever keeps him happy so I can prepare dinner. He loves to push the button to close the garage door. He loves to play with any and all toys, he really loves girl toys too. He ALWAYS wants to be held, which is hard at times. He climbs on everything in sight, I find him places that blow my mind. He loves to help me vacuum. When I put him to bed at night he points to the chair in his room, telling me he wants a story. He loves to have his mobile and crib toy on when I put him in his crib. Braxton takes one 2 hour nap a day. He also loves to pick tomatoes from the garden, even the green ones. He really just likes to help or be part of anything I am doing at the time.

SOOOO happy God gave me 3 daughters and a son. I truly am blessed!










Random pictures from the summer and also a pic of the green peppers in my garden. I love gardening, maybe one day you will see me with a fruit stand.

No comments: