Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh How I Miss Thee!

Today marks day 5 that Dexter has been gone hunting, and I am SO ready for him to return. I miss him SO much. It's not that I have nothing to do, I have plenty. The house is clean, laundry done, floors mopped, lots of fun over the weekend...I just want him home. I know some people think I'm a wimp, five days is not long. I miss seeing his smile when he walks in the door, and the kiss and hug I get every night after he greets the kids. I love lounging on the couch after the kids are in bed, and even the sound of his alarm in morning. I love having him home.
I know Dex will be home tomorrow, so that is good, it gives me something to look forward too. I am secretly hoping Dexter doesn't get a deer. I know he finds it fun!? I find it sad, I hope that deer escapes his gun. Our family never eats the deer anyway, Dexter gives most of it away. It is the grossest thing I have ever tried. I would be happy to never eat meat again, and if I didn't have Dexter our family probably wouldn't eat meat, but he NEEDS meat with a meal. We will soon see if we have another set of antlers to hang in the garage or not. I am worried about him driving home in the storm that is going to hit us. I just want my husband home safe and sound!

No comments: