| I can honestly say that Braxton melts my heart. He is such a sweet little boy! He is so assertive when it comes to getting things he wants. The other day I brought up the little potty because he has been peeing on the potty and I thought it would be easier for him. He was using the potty pretty frequently, but I was not pushing it or in any hurry for him to be potty trained. This is my fourth to potty train, and let me tell you, they are all very different. I have done potty training at two years old and found that to be too early - all I did is clean up pee for months. I have done it at three years old and had wonderful luck. I was just waiting for my little guy to tell me when he was ready and he did. Friday Oct 5, 2012 Braxton pooped in the potty, all on his own. He told Hadley that he needed to go and they both went in the bathroom and took care of business together. For some it might be weird, but me and the kids are not shy about using the potty together. We told him that once he pooped he could get underwear, and he was SO excited, as was I. I always get my kids a treat when they do their first poop, it seems to really encourage them to keep it up. Braxton choose to get a "cycle" he is in love with motor cycles. Today marks day three of the potty and we are doing great. He is thrilled with himself. With all my other kids potty charts and stickers were needed, but not with Braxton, at least yet. He is just a good listener. I tell him it is time to try and pee and he does it. Boys pee way more than girls in my opinion. Braxton thinks that he needs to add TP to the potty when he pees, he sees the girls have TP in the potty when they are done, so he thinks his pee should too. He doesn't even wipe anything, just ripes it off and adds it to the potty. This will have to stop as the TP is going quickly, but for now I can handle this just fine. I am just proud of my guy. I hope that we can keep up this great progress. Way to go Braxton! |
No comments:
Post a Comment