Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Carving!

Brooklyn carved an owl. We have an owl on our roof named Paco to keep the pigeons off, and that was her reason for wanting the owl.

Hadley had me clean out her pumpkin, but she never wanted me to carve it for her. She drew all her favorite princesses on it instead.

Braxton had Dexter draw a football with a "U" on it of course. He also had Dexter carve out a helmet for him on the side.

Dexter carved a skeleton on his. It is the scariest Halloween thing you will see at our house. Dexter likes "scary" stuff, but I like "cute" decorations. I love to decorate for Halloween, it is the funnest holiday to decorate for.

Dexter's family carving their pumpkins.

All the carved pumpkins. The kids and I also carved some pumpkins while Dexter was hunting, but those have already went bad, so I didn't get any pictures of those.

For the last few years I have been decorating pumpkins rather than carving them. I figure I end up carving the kids anyway, so why not have fun! Plus they last the whole month this way. I love doing anything creative so this is just my thing.

My friend Taryn had us over to decorate pumpkins a few weeks ago and this is one of the cute pumpkins I did there. I would not have thought of this idea on my own, so I give the credit to Brandy and Taryn.

Every house needs a monogram...right? I painted an H, added glitter, painted the stem black and added a few swirls to the back side and sealed it with some clear spray paint. Then our mummy, the kids each made one this year.

The kids love to paint pumpkins, Hadley probably painted at least 6 herself. After they painted them we hot glued some jewels on them to give them some sparkle. They had so much fun doing this!

No comments: